Are you an enthusiastic team player who's passionate about numbers, with the drive to challenge an established way of working? A curious person who takes your own initiatives and always keeps the big picture in mind? If you are looking to join a fun and progressive company and to have great opportunities to develop in your career, come join us as a Senior Accountant!
BookBeat is on an exciting journey and continues to grow and expand across Europe. In the next few years our goal is to grow and become one of the leading audiobook services in Europe. To succeed with this, we are building the market’s best and most curious Accounting & Compliance team.
The person taking on the role as our Senior Accountant will have a focus on a couple of markets, being Finland and Denmark, support the group accounting function as well as actively challenge and contribute to improving our BookBeat processes and tools supporting our activities. We therefore believe that you have experience in a similar role and would love it if you have experience working with NetSuite. However, having the right personality, skills, and drive to develop is crucial to us!
To successfully take on the role, you are curious, driven and passionate about developing both yourself, the team you work with and BookBeat as a whole. You have a love for accounting and for understanding the details, while you also enjoy multi-tasking and cross-functional work with other departments. You appreciate working in a structured manner and delving into tasks to understand the “how” & “why”, as well as working both independently and as a part of a strong team. Moreover, you are a strong communicator.
As our next colleague you will be part of the Accounting & Compliance team with a focus on Finnish and Danish markets while also being engaged in group accounting areas. In addition, you will work closely with our cross functional teams filled with accounting, data and analytical enthusiasts. Your future workplace will be at BookBeat's HQ in central Stockholm.
The role tasks include to (but are not limited to):
- be responsible for accounting operations in Finland and Denmark, such as to be point of contact for the business, prepare and post journal entries, payroll process, prepare reconciliations and reviews
- compile and submit VAT, MOSS tax reporting
- ensure compliance with relevant local tax, accounting, and auditing requirement
- support group accounting activities in the areas of accounting policies, vendor maintenance, payments, intragroup transactions and reporting to parent company
- ensure smooth month-end closing and reporting within the deadlines
- actively contribute to improve and develop our systems, processes, and controls
- provide support in ad hoc financial/accounting or controlling queries
We’re looking for someone who:
- is curious and enjoys understanding the details
- has a meticulous and structured way of working
- is a sharp communicator – you express yourself very well
- speaks English and Swedish. If you understand Danish, Finnish, Polish, German or French, that would be a plus!
We believe you have:
- several years of experience within accounting in a multi-country environment
- the ability to easily learn new systems
- strong to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- a relevant education within economics or similar
We would love it if you have:
- experience of working with NetSuite and Adra (Balancer and Matcher)
- local VAT knowledge for Finland and Denmark
Could this be your next chapter? If so, we're hoping to receive your application already today! If you have any questions, you're welcome to reach out to Head of Accounting Cecilia Laius at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In 2015, we began our journey towards the goal of offering Europe’s leading service for digital books and in 2016, we launched to the public. In 2022, a few years after our broad launch, BookBeat is used by over 600 000 users every month. We are an ever-growing company within the Bonnier Group and all members who join our journey have the possibility to make an impact on our development, both in the short and long run.
And how about Team BookBeat? Today, Team BookBeat consists of 140 curious and committed “doers”. Are you curious to become part of our team? Cool! The most important thing for those who join our journey is curiosity for our users, technology, marketing, design, books and of course us as an organization. This curiosity drives us to always test out new things in our service and to let our users show us if we’re on the right track.