Do you consider yourself to be a curious tester with a genuine tech interest? An expert at finding bugs, who is passionate about testing? Are you a true team player who likes to figure out how things work and fit together? And last but not least – are you ready for the next step in your career in a fun, collaborative and competent team? If you answered yes to the questions above, we would love to know more about you!
At BookBeat we value quality and our goal is to deliver high quality products. We aim to find and solve problems before they reach our users and to ensure that our services are top-notch to maximize the number of satisfied customers. The testing and quality culture are present throughout our organization, and your work here will be praised and a key for our success. We are now looking for you, a structured and quality-conscious QA with an eye for detail, to join our QA Team.
As the next colleague in our development-focused organization, you will be part of a team where you will have daily contact with your QA teammates, developers, product owners and designers. You will be involved in everything from planning, development, testing and automation to product improvements. Your tasks will also include advocating for quality and testability in discussions around future development.
In this role you will:
- plan testing, write test cases and test new functionality
- manually test our different products to secure high quality
- write and maintain automated tests with our development teams: app, web, content, or backend
- plan and perform regression tests of our apps before release
- help with troubleshooting technical problems
- improve the QA processes and develop our testing strategy together with the QA team
We are looking for someone who:
- communicates fluently in both Swedish and English
- has a relevant technical university degree
- is at the beginning of their career, with up to a couple of years’ experience in software testing
- likes to collaborate with others to reach common goals
- is flexible and likes taking initiative, in other words a “doer”
We believe you:
- might have experience with mobile app development and tools like Firebase, Proxyman or Postman
- are interested in or have experimented with test automation on API or UI level, for example on iOS or Android
- are a tech nerd that loves to keep up with the latest from Apple and Google
- enjoy acquiring and sharing new knowledge and skills to continuously improve yourself and the team
You will be part of the QA team as well as one of our development teams and report directly to our QA Manager. We offer flex time and your future workplace is our headquarters at Sveavägen 56 in Stockholm. We would love for you to become a part of the team as soon as possible!
If you have any questions, you are more than welcome to contact our QA Manager firstname.lastname@example.org .
In 2015, we began our journey towards the goal of offering Europe’s leading service for digital books and in 2016, we launched to the public. In 2022, a few years after our broad launch, BookBeat is used by close to 600 000 users every month. We are an ever-growing company within the Bonnier Group and all members who join our journey have the possibility to make an impact on our development, both in the short and long run.
And how about Team BookBeat? Today, Team BookBeat consists of 140 curious and committed “doers”. Are you curious to become part of our team? Cool! The most important thing for those who join our journey is curiosity for our users, technology, marketing, design, books and of course us as an organization. This curiosity drives us to always test out new things in our service and to let our users show us if we’re on the right track.