Do you consider yourself to be a skilled tester with a genuine interest in quality? An expert at spotting potential quality issues early in the process, who likes to figure out how things work and fits together? Are you a true team player who finds test automation crucial in the QA process? And last but not least – are you ready for the next step in your career in a highly skilled and supportive team? If you answered yes to the questions above, we would love to know more about you!
At BookBeat we value quality and our goal is to deliver high quality products with frequent and reliable releases. We aim to find and solve problems before they reach our users and to ensure that our services are top-notch to maximize satisfied customers. The testing and quality culture are present throughout the organization, and your work will be praised and a key for our success. We are now looking for you, a structured, self-motivated and quality-conscious QA Engineer with a wide experience of test automation, to join our QA Team.
As the next colleague in our development-focused organization, you will be part of a team where you will have daily contact with your QA teammates, developers and product owners. You will be involved in everything from planning, development, testing and automation to process improvements. Your tasks will vary and include advocating for quality and testability in discussions around future development, to plan, write and execute tests (both manually and automated) as well as to troubleshoot technical problems.
You will be part of the QA team as well as one of our development teams and report directly to our QA Manager. We offer flex time and your future workplace is our headquarters at Sveavägen 56 in Stockholm. We would love for you to become a part of the team as soon as possible!
In this role you will:
- plan testing, write test cases for and test new functionality
- write and maintain automated tests with our development teams, either app, web, content or backend
- improve and plan the QA work and processes in the development team
- identify areas where scripts and automated tests can increase the quality and simplify the work for our testers and developers
- evolve our QA processes and testing strategy together with the QA Team
We are looking for someone who:
- communicates fluently in both Swedish and English
- has a relevant technical university degree
- has a minimum of 5 years experience of working with software testing
- has worked with test automation on multiple levels and feels comfortable setting up and maintaining it
- thrives in a dynamic environment where requirements and priorities can change quickly
We believe you:
- like to collaborate with others and work close with developers and other testers
- have testability and test automation top of mind and are not afraid of questioning and set requirements based on this
- have worked with larger software systems with many microservices or integrations
- prefer scripting routine tasks and test data instead of doing it manually
- enjoy acquiring and sharing new knowledge and skills to continuously improve yourself and the team
It is an advantage if you:
- have experience working with kubernetes, load testing or product requirements
- have worked with systems with a large inflow of data
If you have any questions, you are more than welcome to contact our QA Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an employee of BookBeat AB, you can enjoy a benefit package that includes the following:
🌴 30 days of vacation each year
💰 ITP1 occupational pension
💌 Occupational group life insurance, work injury insurance & business travel insurance
🎾 Yearly wellness allowance
🤸♂️ Weekly wellness hour
💻 Working equipment (computer and phone) as well as phone subscription
🎧 BookBeat subscription
In addition to our benefits, we’ll also provide you with:
💜 A stable and sustainable work-life balance (we use flex time)
🏢 An office located in the heart of Stockholm
🏃♀️ … including access to a full gym complete with a sauna! We also arrange other fun wellness activities, such as our own running club
🚀 The opportunity to grow in your role and career, including challenging & educational work tasks as well as opportunities for education
✨ Fun activities together with colleagues! At BookBeat you’ll enjoy weekly Friday afternoon mingles, monthly company breakfasts and other work events such as Holiday & summer parties, and frequent company wide events.
🧪 The opportunity to explore projects that you might not have time to do in your day-to-day work during Hack Days
🧠 Knowledge sharing opportunities, e.g. during our weekly Friday demo where different teams share what they’ve been or will be working on. Knowledge sharing is also an integral part of our everyday work
🤛 (Last but definitely not least) A wonderful and skilled team and manager that will support you throughout your employment!
In 2015, we began our journey towards the goal of offering Europe’s leading service for digital books and in 2016, we launched our service to the public. In 2022, a few years after our broad launch, BookBeat is used by over 600 000 users every month. And what a journey it's been (and also will be going forward)! We are an ever-growing company within the Bonnier Group and all members who join us have the possibility to make an impact on our development, both in the short and long run.
... and how about Team BookBeat? Right now, Team BookBeat consists of 150 curious and committed “doers”. Are you curious about becoming part of our team? Wonderful to hear! The most important thing for those who join our journey (in addition to skillset, personality and drive) is curiosity for our users, technology, marketing, design, books and of course us as an organization. This curiosity drives us to always test out new things in our service and to let our users show us if we’re on the right track.