Are you a data-driven superstar passionate about numbers, eager to develop within financial data analytics? Are you a true "doer" who is eager to take your own initiatives and always keeps the big picture in mind? Do you want to grow with us while we expand in new markets and continue our exciting journey? Then this role of Junior Business Controller is the job for you!
BookBeat continue to expand into more European markets. In the next few years our goal is to grow and become one of the leading audiobook services in Europe. To succeed with this, we are building the market’s best and most curious business controlling team.
The role as our Junior Business Controller is perfect for you who are at the beginning of your career and want to take your next steps in a fun and dynamic environment. To succeed in this role, you are curious, driven and passionate about developing both yourself, the team you work with and BookBeat as a whole. You have a love for financial data analytics and presenting insights, while you also enjoy multi-tasking and cross-functional work with other departments. You appreciate working in a structured manner and delving into tasks to understand the “how” & “why”, as well as working both independently and as a part of a strong team. Moreover, you are strong communicator both verbally and in writing.
We believe that you are in the beginning of your career with up to three years of experience in a similar role. However, the right personality, skills, and drive to develop in the area of financial data analytics are most important to us.
You will be part of the growth business control team and work closely with our data science and marketing teams filled with marketing, data and analytical enthusiasts. In addition, you will work cross-functionally with the entire Team BookBeat! Your future workplace will mainly be at BookBeat's head office in central Stockholm.
The role tasks include to (but are not limited to):
- work with growth data analytics, meaning marketing investments and user data evaluation and insights
- maintain our regular KPI reporting
- be highly involved in budgeting and forecasting modelling
- be involved in month/year-end financial closing
- provide support in ad hoc financial/ business analysis
We believe you have:
- up to three years experience working with business controlling or similar tasks
- an ability to easily learn new systems
- a relevant education within economics or similar
Bonus points if you have:
- worked with data analysis and modelling, preferably in growth analysis of a subscription business
- previous knowledge of working with financial systems, BI tools and data warehouses
We’re looking for someone who:
- is a true "doer" and always keeps the big picture in mind
- is curious and enjoys taking own initiative
- is meticulous and structured working with data analysis
- is a sharp communicator – you express yourself very well both verbally and in writing
- speaks English and Swedish. If you understand German, French, Italian or Dutch as well, that would be a plus!
Are you ready to take on the role as our new Junior Business Controller? Then do not hesitate to apply for the position today - we review applications on an ongoing basis! If you have any questions, please contact our CFO Jos Dijkstra on email@example.com.
In 2015, we began our journey towards the goal of offering Europe’s leading service for digital books and in 2016, we launched to the public. In 2021, a few years after our broad launch, BookBeat is used by over 600 000 users every month. We are an ever-growing company within the Bonnier Group and all members who join our journey have the possibility to make an impact on our development, both in the short and long run.
And how about Team BookBeat? Today, Team BookBeat consists of 130 curious and committed “doers”. Are you curious to become part of our team? Cool! The most important thing for those who join our journey is curiosity for our users, technology, marketing, design, books and of course us as an organization. This curiosity drives us to always test out new things in our service and to let our users show us if we’re on the right track.